If a stripper gets breast implants ...............

by , 14 Jun 2012

With thet specific intention of boosting her cosmetic appeal, can she write these off on her tax returns as legitimate business expenses?

Serious answers only people ....

Responses

add your response here

Hmmmm... I wonder i'm inclined to say yes as its to do with their work but I can find out Snoopy as I've got a few strippers clients.

by serena1, 14 Jun 2012

I spoke to one of my accountant client today and I have been told yes she can as long as its a legal above board establishment ie as long as its not a back street illegal business...you know what I'm getting at.
So as long as she keeps her receipts and she is earning a sufficient amount to justify the expeniture for getting the assets and they are making her money there shouldn't be an issue. Best if she has a good accountant.

by serena1, 14 Jun 2012

Thanks, Sis!

I'll have to have a long look at my tax return. Maybe I could claim for a new dressing gown for sitting at the computer all day!

by Feline123, 14 Jun 2012

Ha thanks for researching this Serena, I suspected it would be so. Yes Feline bung your claim in and I'll apply for a 'rubber glove' allowance, see how we fare with that one.

by LILLIE, 14 Jun 2012

Lol, Sis!

Lol Feline!
I know it sounds a strange one. I would think some in these professions could really wing getting a lot done and not know when and where to stop! Talk about perk or pert of the job....

by serena1, 14 Jun 2012

Fell off chair, Sis!

New chair to claim.....

by serena1, 14 Jun 2012

Fell off chair again - can I claim for two now....?

I don't see why not but then again I'm not an accountant! :-))

by serena1, 14 Jun 2012

Oh, bugger, three now!

Hope you have a good accountant, sis....

by serena1, 14 Jun 2012

If I manage to get up off the floor, I'll be phoning her immediately, Sis!

No point in playing musical chairs round yours then Feline...

by LILLIE, 14 Jun 2012

You knew this was comong, Sis, snoooooort!

Lol, yes I felt that one brewing....

by LILLIE, 14 Jun 2012

Love it!! :-))

by serena1, 14 Jun 2012

I wonder if you can claim for your working clothes Serena. Now that would be good for you. p.s. and a travelling chair as well.

by Sabre, 14 Jun 2012

Now thinking about it Sabre, possibly could which I've never done.

by serena1, 14 Jun 2012

Pretty sure you can claim for your work overalls or suit or any protective clothing you need to wear, serena.

by save24, 14 Jun 2012

I've got lots of uniform in black and in white I've just not bothered and they are not cheap, save.

by serena1, 14 Jun 2012

You can as far as i know i personally have claimed, well not for the things you are talking about ,as long as it has to do with your work.Maybe now there is a limit but i,m not sure about that phone up Inland revenue .

by jiman69, 15 Jun 2012

Thanks Jim I think I can but when the time comes I never bother.

by serena1, 15 Jun 2012

Oh well i suppose when you have plenty money that,s all right.LOL.but you always need more or the more you have the more you wont( .P.S.Just like the strippert)

by jiman69, 15 Jun 2012

Don't give me ideas Jim! Lol! :-))

by serena1, 15 Jun 2012

As thou i would do a thing like that to such a innocent girl.

by jiman69, 15 Jun 2012

Such a good girl I am.... Can't you see the halo above my head.... Lol! :-))

by serena1, 15 Jun 2012
add a comment

I could never claim for my suits, but if I was a roofer I could claim for jeans as there is unusual wear.

I prefer natural, organic even, and falsies leave me cold.

Look at Katie (Tits out) Jordan Price. She made millions on her tits, fake at that. Why the hell should she or others get them paid for by the Chancellor.
Now if its for a dove cote in the duck pond, a call girl or travel to your mums house (its an MP bash!!) then of course the exchequer pays, or is it me as a tax payer.

by gryan1, 14 Jun 2012

I would imagine there will be some way round it Snoops.

by Sabre, 14 Jun 2012

My first instinct would be to say 'no', Snoops, but it will be interesting to see if serena manages to find out.

I wonder if a professional food taster could claim for false teeth....?

Seriously speaking Snoopy never having worked in that particular field I haven't a clue. Why shouldn't she though as they're a serious asset to her ...ahem...career.

Lol Feline.

by LILLIE, 14 Jun 2012

Hmmm..i don't know. I thought you could only claim tax relief for essentials? She could presumable strip with or without the op so I wouldn't've thought it would qualify

by Jazzj, 14 Jun 2012

Good point, Jazz, so the food taster wins at the moment as teeth are essential for eating....!

Unless they're a soup taster........... :)

by Jazzj, 14 Jun 2012

Lol..... very good jazzy,

by LILLIE, 14 Jun 2012

Thanks sis

by Jazzj, 14 Jun 2012
add a comment

Ladies, this was supposed to be a serious money orientated question but as usual you all turn it into a pantomime.

This question related to a real life case that I came across .... she was in the 'adult entertainment industry' but also claiming housing benefit would you believe. It was noted on her bank statements a payment of £3500 that was queried and this was confirmed as breast enhancement. The point about 'deprivation of capital' arose but then scuppered by the deprivation leading to reinflation. I should point out that I had no personal handling of this case.

I have heard of one case of it being a tax deductable expense where the 'exotic dancer' had her anatomy ruled as a stage prop essential for her act. She also managed to slip in the ten litres of baby oil used througout the year. I think the tax authorities settled on the basis that breat augmentation would be tax deductable 'only it it draws interest' !

Lovely jubbly!

by Snoopy48, 15 Jun 2012

Lovely jubblies indeed, Snoopy!
If you did have the good fortune to handle this case you certainly woud have had the soft and delicate approach.... You certainly would have been the right man up to it with the experience...

by serena1, 15 Jun 2012
add a comment

This adds a whole new meaning the phrase realising and rationalising one's assets !

by steve_ben2004, 15 Jun 2012

Lol Steve! :-)

by serena1, 15 Jun 2012

I guess she could use her bra as supporting documentation !

by steve_ben2004, 15 Jun 2012

The bigger the size bigger the documention....

by serena1, 15 Jun 2012
add a comment

Two great pointers there, Steve!

by Snoopy48, 15 Jun 2012

I'm still being deadly serious here Snoopy when I tell you that I heard a very angry stripper asking a chap why he was throwing fake monopoly money at her, he replied saying ''what do you expect when all I get is a pair of fake 'jubblies' in my face?....))

by LILLIE, 15 Jun 2012

Lol, Lillie! Hilarious!! :-))

by serena1, 15 Jun 2012
add a comment

I should,nt think so as she will have to do with her own or retire well thy will probably will tell her that anyway .P.S.{worth a try though}.

by jiman69, 15 Jun 2012

With the baby oil and a soft-hearted tax inspector perhaps she thought she could just slip them through??

by Passatdriver, 15 Jun 2012

So funny Passatdriver! Lol! :-))

by serena1, 15 Jun 2012
add a comment

If the cost of Breast Implants are a tax-deductible expense , it makes HMRC a right bunch of TITS.

by nadge, 15 Jun 2012

Rofl!! That's the best laugh I've had all day Nadge!!
I thought Passatdriver was funny with the above post but you have just topped it!!! :-))

by serena1, 15 Jun 2012

We'll need to keep abreast of the legislation here, I can see. Otherwise the tax man could send out some knockers to investigate further ... with presumably no heavy hangers-on?

Did you hear about the new 'sheepdog' bra?
Rounds 'em up and points 'em in the right direction.

by Snoopy48, 15 Jun 2012

Brilliant Snoopy!! :-))

by serena1, 15 Jun 2012
add a comment
add your response here

Posts within the money.co.uk community represent the views, experiences and opinions of members and experts only. They should not be taken as financial advice and should not be followed without further research.

Get our free money saving newsletter
Join over 450,000 other subscribers who grab our expert money tips, unmissable money guides & hottest bargains each week in our special email...

More Discussions on Self Assessment

Win a 3,000 holiday & more...

Enter our competition to win a 3,000 luxury holiday and other amazing prizes worth 2,000.

Just add a review of a financial product you have to be in with a chance.

Enter CompetitionT&Cs